Usually cinnamon is associated with baked spices, but coffee drinkers have come to appreciate the unusual combination of a fragrant spice and their favorite beverage. Coffee and spice were first learned to be blended centuries ago, and since then, the number of noble recipes has been constantly increasing.
Coffee and cinnamon – how to make the tandem enjoyable
The spice delicately softens and complements the taste of the drink, enhancing the bright aroma, but its excess can drastically spoil the coffee. The classic recipe says:
- Pour 1 tsp. ground beans and 1/3 tsp. sugar into the coffee maker.
- Then you can add 1/3 tsp. cinnamon to the coffee.
- The dry mixture should be heated over the fire, then pour 125 ml of water and bring to a boil.
The ideal ratio of spice to ground beans is 1:3. The cinnamon does not change the main taste of the drink, but just gives it a sweet, astringent and slightly pungent notes. It adds extra notes to the bitterness of Robusta or sourness of Arabica.
- This is interesting: Which coffee is sour, robusta or arabica
Ground cinnamon changes or completely loses its flavor over time, so baristas recommend storing the spice in its whole form by grinding it just before cooking.
Benefits and harms of cinnamon coffee
A cup of this invigorating drink is enough to energize you for the whole day and to replenish the necessary substances:
- vitamin K.
Cinnamon coffee relieves the symptoms of colds and soothes sore throats. Its effect on the body is characterized by a number of beneficial properties:
- The work of the cardiovascular system is improved. The drink is considered the best preventive measure against clogged arteries.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Blood sugar levels are regulated, the occurrence of “insulin swings” is excluded.
- Stimulates brain activity, increases attention span.
- Purifies the liver.
- Increases the production of serotonin, which enhances mood and gets rid of depression.
- Eliminates bad breath.
- Normalizes digestion.
- Treats toothaches or headaches.
Compared with the beneficial qualities, the list of harmful effects of cinnamon coffee on the body looks very modest:
- can cause temporary spikes in blood pressure;
- the drink is addictive.
To be fair, it is worth noting that the negative reactions are caused by excessive consumption of the drink.
- Don’t miss: Why you shouldn’t drink too much coffee
Nutritionists advise preparing moderate portions of coffee with cinnamon for weight loss. The helpful tandem dulls hunger and boosts metabolism, which leads to weight loss. The sweet flavor of the spice reduces cravings for unhealthy treats and helps cope with the spontaneous desire to snack on a bun or cake.
Different recipes are used to prepare a fat-burning drink. Only the main condition is unchanged: you can not add sugar and other sweeteners:
- Combine in a cup 1 tsp. ground coffee and ¼ tsp. cinnamon. Pour over the boiling water and stir. After 5 minutes, you can add red ground pepper
- Pour 3 tsp. freshly ground coffee and ½ tsp. cinnamon into a pot. Pour 150 ml of clean cold water, cook over low heat until foamy.
on the tip of a knife.
It is important to observe moderation in portions to avoid side effects.
Among the variety of recipes, every coffee drinker will be able to choose the unique one that corresponds to the moment and the state of mind. Lovers of a mild sophisticated taste are better to prepare coffee with cinnamon and milk. It is advisable to serve the drink in a wide cappuccino cup:
- In a bowl with a thick bottom, pour 120 ml of milk, immediately immerse the cinnamon stick in it.
- Bring the liquid to the boil over a very low heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Take out the cinnamon, gently squeeze the stick from the absorbed milk and put it on a saucer.
- Separately brew a classic espresso
- Fill the remaining volume with milk, sweeten, and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
, strain, fill half of the cup.
Fans of drinks with a spicy bright taste will surely appreciate the recipe for coffee with cinnamon and pepper:
- Heat over low heat in a turkey
- Pour 100 ml of cold water, bring to a boil, add 150 ml of water.
- Once the increased volume begins to boil, add another 250 ml of water, and let the drink boil again.
- After cooking, remove the pot from the fire, let the coffee infuse for no longer than 10 minutes, pour into cups.
, pour 4 tsp. of coffee and 1/5 tsp. of black pepper, stir.
The resulting volume is enough for 4-5 servings. Coffee and pepper should preferably be ground before brewing to preserve its freshness and aroma.
Cinnamon cappuccino recipe will make you feel like a real barista:
- Boil 50 ml of espresso, pour into a cappuccino cup, sprinkle 5 g of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare foamed milk using a French press or a coffee machine
- You can decorate the cappuccino with chocolate chips.
and pour it into the coffee carefully, using the traditional technique. In the first step, a stream of milk is directed to the center of the cup, followed by circular motions. The finishing touch should be a line from one edge of the cup to the other, crossing the circle in diameter.
For all the benefits of cinnamon, it is not recommended to exceed the daily rate – ½ tsp. Limitation should be considered in the preparation of recipes. It is desirable to use only natural freshly ground coffee – an instant product will not convey all the facets of taste of an amazing drink.