True coffee aficionados do not recognize any additives to the invigorating drink, but there are gourmands who try many different variations of the classic recipe. The bitterness of the natural flavor is softened by milk, cream, and such interesting additions as condensed milk.
To some it may seem like sheer blasphemy to add condensed milk to coffee, but it is the kind of serving that is considered one of the most popular in Vietnam. The uniqueness of taste depends on the method of production of beans – and in this case the leader is the original Kopi Luwak, which not every tourist will dare to try. The condensed milk also differs from the traditional one, as it is made from vegetable raw materials, but it is this combination that turns the coffee into an exotic nectar.
Brazilians are rightly considered the ultimate sweet tooth and leaders in the cultivation of coffee beans. They do not cease to amaze travelers with unusual recipes for the drink, because they are not afraid of culinary experiments and original discoveries.
A café in the northern part of the country offers tourists a coffee with condensed milk called Espresso com doce de leite, literally translated as “espresso with sweet milk”. Espresso is made with boiled condensed milk which gives the drink a surprisingly velvety feel and a light, caramel aftertaste.
The coffee’s bitterness combined with the luscious sweetness of condensed milk creates a mild flavor. You can drink this coffee both hot and cold – it won’t lose its unique qualities when exposed to different temperatures.
Condensed milk combines beautifully with a classic espresso and the fragrance is particularly bright as well as the pleasant brown-caramel color of this wonderful tandem.
As for the type of coffee, baristas recommend blending milk syrup only with a natural product, because only in this version the maximum flavor bouquet of the drink can unfold. The soluble sublimate is rarely of good quality, so adding condensed milk will not affect the taste – you just get a sweet coffee and milk cocktail.
In the classic recipe when condensing milk with powdered sugar ingredients are taken in the proportion 1:1, so the product turns out very sweet. It is not necessary to use additional cream, milk or sugar – all components are successfully replaced by 1-2 spoonfuls of condensed milk.
Benefits and beneficial effects on the body
The drink gets rid of depression and bad moods thanks to the content of serotonin – the hormone of happiness. And this is not its only advantage:
- the work of the nervous system is normalized;
- coffee with condensed milk contains 55 kcal per 100 grams of product, so it is quickly satiated;
- just one cup of coffee gives a person long-lasting energy boost;
- increases the level of useful cholesterol in the blood.
The benefits for themselves noted and hypotensive people – coffee with condensed milk increases blood pressure, improves “vital” indicators and prolongs performance. It contains vitamins B group, PP and E, as well as minerals and amino acids necessary for the body.
Harms and contraindications
Coffee can seriously “hit” the health only if it is abused. Three cups a day is not a permissible dose for any person, so it is advisable to limit yourself to one serving. You will have to forget about the delicacy:
- kidney disease;
- cardiovascular disease;
- sleep disorders.
Treat yourself to the drink preferably after a solid breakfast, not on an empty stomach, otherwise the appearance of heartburn is unavoidable. If you lose weight, you will have to give up adding condensed milk, because sweet products do not contribute to weight loss.
Harm can be caused by low-quality additive – when buying it, you should carefully read the composition. If condensed milk curdles into coffee, this indicates the vegetable ingredients in the recipe, which should not be there. There is no need to save money, giving preference to a low price – a good product can not cost cheap.
In order to prepare a traditional Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk, it is not necessary to go on a trip. You can find the ingredients you need at your local store:
- Heat 75 g of condensed milk in a water bath until warm.
- Pour it into a bowl and put it under a filter-press.
- In the same place, load 17 g of ground coffee, pour 125 ml of steep boiling water.
- Close the lid to filter the coffee.
- Stir the beverage well before drinking.
If you do not have a filter press, you can brew a classic espresso separately and pour it into the warmed condensed milk.
The following treat resembles something between a dessert and a drink, so it can be served with a straw or a spoon:
- Mix cold coffee with condensed milk in a 2:1 ratio until smooth.
- Place a scoop of creamy ice cream in a glass and pour over the coffee mixture.
The drink will quickly restore strength and improve mood.
The recipe for coffee with condensed milk will surely be appreciated by gourmets and lovers of the grain product:
- Boil a mocha
- While the drink is infused, mix cocoa powder and condensed milk in a 1:3 ratio. A tablespoon is used as a measure.
- Pour half of the finished coffee into a cup, add the cocoa and milk mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Fill with the other half of the portion.
by adding a pinch of ground nutmeg and ½ tsp. ground cinnamon.
Sweet tooth will love the harmonious tandem of the drink with chocolate:
- Prepare 4 cups of coffee using your favorite recipe.
- Strain the brewed coffee and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in 3 Tbsp. condensed milk.
- Pour into glasses or cups, and sprinkle with grated chocolate to taste.
This refreshing drink will quench your thirst perfectly in the summer heat:
- Brew 3 tablespoons of coffee in 1 litre of water.
- spread ½ cup of condensed milk into cups (about 6 servings), pour the hot beverage over it.
- Cool, adding ice cubes when serving.
Any of the proposed recipes – delicious and healthy, so you can treat yourself to a cup of flavored drink.