The myth that you have to forget about multifunctional coffee machines on a limited budget is long a thing of the past. The so-called economy segment, which is ideal for homes or small offices, developed by almost all leading manufacturers, releasing a whole series of inexpensive devices. This allows you to choose budget coffee machines for home, which are almost no loss in functionality, without excessive overpayments.
How to save money on price, not quality
Understanding what you can save on without fear when choosing a coffee machine allows you to buy an inexpensive device with an ideal price-to-performance ratio. For example, a good and inexpensive coffee machine for your home can cost the same as an expensive coffee machine. In this case, the functionality of the device will not be in any comparison.
There are a number of features and functions that have no effect on the taste of the drinks and the usability of the appliances. They can be excluded when choosing a cheap coffee machine for home. What exactly are we talking about, read on.
Mostly manufacturers use metal or plastic to create the body. Almost all inexpensive models for home and budget segment are made of plastic. In fact, well-known manufacturers use very high quality materials, so in most cases the wear and tear over the years will occur in the mechanism, not the case.
- Don’t miss: Why buy a home coffee machine
But the difference in price is quite significant, with the same features it can be up to 30%. The only thing on which it is undesirable to save money is the drip tray grid. It is preferable that it was made of metal.
In most cases, the functionality determines the price. The more features the coffee machine has, the more expensive it will cost. When choosing inexpensive models for the home, some features may be completely useless if they are not useful in business.
- connection to the water supply
- remote control
- touch and expensive displays
– in the conditions of the house this option does not give any advantage, but considerably increases the cost of the coffee machine;
– making coffee by poking the button in the application is very convenient, but within the home – it is rather a useless “toy”, which greatly increases the price;
– bright coffee machine panels and touch controls can impress the buyer, but for the home, these options play almost no role.
Otherwise, carefully examine all of the coffee machine’s features to determine which options you’ll really need at home and which ones you can neglect.
Cappuccinator type and milk container
The ability to create any kind of beverage, especially with milk, in one click is attractive enough. But when it comes to reasonable savings, it makes sense to look at models with a manual cappuccinator. With it, any budget coffee machine for coffee beans is much cheaper, even with all the other functions.
This also applies to the built-in milk tank, which significantly increases the price of the coffee machine. When using the device in the home kitchen, the removable milk tank does not provide any tangible benefits.
Review of the best budget models for the home
To make the best choice, you do not need to study the characteristics of hundreds of models on your own. The rating of inexpensive coffee machines for home 2019 already includes an analysis of the most functional, inexpensive and quality models from the budget category, which will be the best choice.
Coffee machines under 10000 rubles
Bosch Tassimo SUNY
A good and cheap coffee machine for the home. At the cost of 3500-5000 rubles allows you to cook almost all types of drinks:
More reliable than a similar inexpensive Krups model. Minus of the coffee machine is the use of capsules. With high consumption, the total amount spent on capsules will be very tangible. This dependence on capsules makes it pointless to save money.
Nespresso DeLonghi EN 85.B
A good inexpensive capsule-type coffee machine with an average price of 6-7 thousand rubles. Great for the home. The overall functionality is comparable to other capsule devices, although it has a number of advantages:
- high maximum pressure (19 bar) allows you to make coffee much faster;
- stylish and unusual design, which surprises even with a plastic body;
- compact size – easy to place even on the desktop.
Has one major drawback – cooks only espresso. That is, to create milk drinks , you will have to whip the foam yourself
(there is also no cappuccinator in the device).
Coffee machines under 22000 rubles
Delonghi ESAM 3000.B
Automatic type. One of the best options when you need to choose an inexpensive coffee machine for home. It eliminates all the “frills” that increased the cost (like electronic display), but the inexpensive ESAM 3000.B is almost in no way inferior to the older models of the line.
- Supports the use of beans and ground coffee.
- All basic functions (strength control, portion size, pre-moistening, etc.).
- Supports the preparation of drinks with milk (manual cappuccinator).
- Allows you to cook 2 servings at once.
- Grinder adjusts grind level
- Has a cleaning system.
This is an excellent choice if the lack of display and manual control are not a minus for you. The estimated cost is 21-22 thousand rubles.
Philips HD 8649/01
The youngest model in the line of automatic coffee machines brand. Good for the home. This is the main competitor of Delonghi ESAM. It has almost the same set of functions, although it is slightly inferior in size to the coffee tank and water tank.
Among the advantages are worth noting:
- a wide range of drinks (including milk drinks);
- a pleasant design;
- the ability to prepare coffee for two servings at once;
- adjusting the strength
, the amount of water in a serving.
The lack of display (manual control) and the manual cappuccinator should be referred to the conditional disadvantages. Approximate cost – about 22 thousand rubles.
Coffee machines under 35000
Quite a high-quality model from a German brand with a reputation and a long history. Despite the fact that it belongs to the category of inexpensive models for the home, it has a number of important advantages:
- Automatic cappuccinator (with external tank).
- Adjustment of temperature, size and strength of the portion.
- Supports the use of beans and ground coffee.
- Display with backlight.
- Coffee grinder with adjustable grind level and a large volume (275 grams).
- Cleaning system.
The disadvantages should include only the lack of anti-drip system and the fact that the coffee machine is able to prepare only one portion of the drink at a time. The average cost – 33-34 thousand rubles.
Melitta Caffeo Solo & Perfect Milk
Another model that is ideal for the home. Refers to the inexpensive budget series of the famous German brand. Among the main advantages:
- preparation of two servings at once;
- controls the strength, temperature, amount of liquid in a serving;
- backlit display;
- semi-automatic cappuccinator (without additional container).
The disadvantages (common to all inexpensive vending machines at home): no anti-drip system, a small coffee tank (125 grams). Another disadvantage is that the coffee machine uses only coffee beans. Approximate cost – 34.5-35 thousand rubles.