Choosing a coffee maker for the office can be a difficult task. You need to consider several things at once: from the number of people in the team to the time it takes to brew a cup of coffee. An important component is the financial aspect, which affects not only the cost of the device, but also the overall expense of its use and maintenance. Only taking into account all factors, the coffee machine in the office will be chosen as accurately as possible, with an optimal balance of price and quality.
Which appliances are best for office spaces
Not every office budget allows you to choose an expensive automatic coffee machine. A good coffee maker can be a great alternative, especially for small teams.
To choose the right device, you need to determine the main criteria, which include:
- team size;
- approximate frequency of brewing coffee drinks throughout the work day;
- brewing speed per serving;
- range of beverages (optional);
- the time it takes to clean up after use.
The main goal is to eliminate situations where people will congregate near the coffee machine, wasting invaluable lunch time (or work time) waiting for their turn.
In addition to speed, important criteria include the taste and variety of coffee, as well as the consumption of beans per serving.
Pros and cons of different types of coffee makers:
- The drip is a great choice for medium to large offices. Allows you to prepare from 8 to 12 cups at a time. The main disadvantage is the cooking time and limited choice of beverage (only Americano).
- Jezza (turka) – a rare choice, suitable only for small offices. Requires a stove, does not make more than 2-4 servings at a time.
- Geyser – has almost the same disadvantages as the turkey, although it allows you to make espresso without the grounds. There are models with a larger tank, so can be considered as an option for a small office space.
- A carob is a good choice for any office. Makes espresso and drinks with milk (if you have a cappuccinator). Brewing speed of coffee – from 60 to 90 seconds. The main disadvantage – can not make more than 2 cups at a time.
In addition to the basic criteria, everything will depend on the preferences of the team or manager. In this case, you will have to choose a coffee maker for the office individually, taking into account all factors.
Review of the best coffee makers for the office
Despite the fact that the number of possible options when choosing a coffee maker will number in the hundreds, some devices have proven themselves better than others. These are the ones that are the best choice when you consider the quality to price ratio.
The best solution from the Swedish brand when you need a self-contained turkey. It does not depend on the stove and has a built-in heating element. Main advantages:
- built-in heating system;
- creates 4-5 servings at a time;
- fast heating up;
- easy operation (just one on/off button).
The disadvantages include moderate power consumption (800 watts) and a total capacity of 300 ml. Approximate price – 2300-2400 rubles.
An excellent option when you need to buy a coffee maker in the office with a limited budget. The device is a geyser type, designed for 6 servings of espresso. The main advantages:
- high-quality assembly and excellent materials (stainless steel + bakelite handle);
- high durability;
- suitable for all types of heating surfaces.
Of the disadvantages are the limit of 6 cups of coffee, as well as a long brewing time (an average of 4-7 minutes). The average price – 2750 rubles.
Budget drip model, which is excellent even for large offices. It has all the necessary functions to create coffee drinks. The main advantages:
- brews 12 to 14 cups of coffee at a time;
- 1.5 liter bowl;
- metal inserts in the body;
- anti-drip system.
The disadvantages are the minimal range (only Americano) and slow brewing speed. The estimated cost is 2600-2700 rubles.
Melitta Look Therm de luxe
A coffee maker of a well-known German brand. It belongs to the premium segment among drip models. It has many useful functions, including auto shutdown (after 15 minutes). Features of the device:
- stylish design;
- cup in the form of a thermos (retains heat for a long time and does not splash coffee);
- allows you to set the strength of the drink
Conditional disadvantage – the price of 6900 rubles. For the same price you can buy a budget carob coffee maker for the office, which may be more convenient (if you do not need to brew a lot of coffee at once).
DeLonghi ECP 31.21
A quality espresso coffee maker from a popular brand. Allows to use ground coffee beans or pods. Creates any kind of milk drinks, but with a manual cappuccinator.
- supports simultaneous preparation of 2 cups;
- brewing speed of the drink – from 50 to 80 seconds;
- has a cappuccinator (manual);
- liquid tank for 1 liter.
The only drawback is the plastic body. A conditional disadvantage can be considered a manual cappuccinator, which can reduce the rate of delivery of drinks because of the need to whip the foam manually (nozzle panarello).
Vitek VT-1522 BK
This almost fully automatic coffee maker for the office is able to compete even with coffee machines. The device has a lot of advantages, despite the fact that the brand Vitek specializes in budget models. The main advantage is the automatic cappuccinator. Except for the change of beans, the process of brewing coffee is fully automated.
The main advantages:
- fast preparation of up to two servings at a time;
- automatic cappuccinator;
- metal casing;
- 1.4 l water tank.
The disadvantages include the lack of a timer and simple design. Although for a model for less than 13000 rubles, these disadvantages are forgivable, taking into account the advantages.